Fostering in Yorkshire
If you are considering becoming a foster carer and you live in Yorkshire then contact us and you can help us support a child in need.
Thinking of becoming a foster parent?
The role of a foster carer is a job like no other but also presents a lot of challenges. At Olive Branch we understand these challenges and ensure that we support you and the foster child throughout the whole process by providing full training and support, making sure you have everything you need to help change a child’s life.
As a foster carer, you will make a huge difference to a child’s life whilst working in the comfort of your own home. All of our foster children come from a variety of backgrounds and we make sure that we take both their and your needs into consideration when matching carers and foster children.
What you need to become a foster parent
A lot of people would like to become a foster parent, but they wrongly assume that they are unable. Our FAQ section dispells some of the common myths and misconceptions about becoming a foster carer.
The truth is anyone can foster a child, as long as they can demonstrate that they have the following:
- Reasonable room in their homes, like a spare room, for a foster child
- Have the necessary amount of free time to become a carer and give the foster child the attention they need
- Most importantly, have a passion for helping children that are in need
- A warm and friendly working environment that welcomes you into the Olive Branch family
- A weekly fostering allowance of up to £405 per child.
- Full training and 24/7 support throughout the fostering process
- Full Accredited training in Health and Social Care NVQ at Level 2 and 3
- A dedicated Supervising Social Worker that is there to support you and your family whilst you care for a foster child
- Regular fun days and activities for the whole foster family to enjoy
How Olive Branch will support you
How to apply
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about becoming an Olive Branch carer and helping change the lives of local children then contact us, call us on 01706 558910 or fill in the form below and we will be in touch to talk to you about fostering in Yorkshire.